Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What? No Grease Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl4y View Post
    As of 1996 they were still in a active army SP Artillery BN TOE assigned to the BN Recovery Section M-88 Driver. Anyone with more recent knowledge?
    Wow 1996 ! That's a nice little fact to know. Many are surprised that older weapons held on longer than what is common knowledge. I knew the grease guns were still around through the 80's.
    A 3/75 85-86
    USAITC 86-88

New Recruit
    I know this is an older post, but I just found it. I recently acquired an old "Broadhead Armory" M3-A1 Grease gun that I've been trying to get for twenty years. It came with five 30 rnd. mags, mag loader, and about a hundred rounds of ammo.
    I couldnt get more than two or three shots before it would jam, very frustrating. I found that the spacer separating the bolt from the barrel (trunion?) had no lead in or radius, so I machined one on both sides and polished very well, along with polishing the throat, made all the difference in the world. I fired three 30 rnd. mags through it with no stoppage! Even if it is semi-auto, still alot of fun! By the way, I had to shell out a whopping $250.00 for everything. Life is good.

New Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by monarcn_man View Post
    By the way, I had to shell out a whopping $250.00 for everything. Life is good.
    A total of $250.00 for the gun and all the mags? Where the heck did you find that? I want one (or several).

New Recruit
    I guess I was in the right place at the right time. I had an opportunity twenty years ago to purchase this, but my friend decided he wanted it more than me. I have been riding him hard ever since to sell it to me. Since then, he has gotten into R.C. helicopters, and when he crashed one, and needed funds for the repair, I stepped in and told him I would buy the grease gun to help pay for the parts that crashed and burned. Good things come to those who wait.

Super Moderator
    P
    I guess I was in the right place at the right time. I had an opportunity twenty years ago to purchase this, but my friend decided he wanted it more than me. I have been riding him hard ever since to sell it to me. Since then, he has gotten into R.C. helicopters, and when he crashed one, and needed funds for the repair, I stepped in and told him I would buy the grease gun to help pay for the parts that crashed and burned. Good things come to those who wait.
    Pictures please!!!!!!
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    To old to fight, To slow to run, But I can still shoot!!!

COG#111

Post deleted
    Last edited by GunWorks; 02-03-2012 at 12:26 AM.

New Recruit
    I would love to post pictures, but since I'm rather new to this forum, I hate to admit, but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

I would love to post pictures, but since I'm rather new to this forum, I hate to admit, but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
    I assume that you wish to post photos from your computer. After typing the text of your post, look for the go advanced button below the text widow. Use that button to open the advanced functions. Select the button for manage attachements. The screen will open showing a number of browse lines. Click on the first browse line and browse your computer files for the first photo you want to post. Browse again for each addtional photo desired. When you have selected all of those would like to post select the upload button. You should see a list of all the photos to be posted. Post your reply and your photos should appear along with your text.
    Last edited by 97th Signalman; 02-06-2012 at 08:30 AM.

97th Signal Bn, 7th Army Main Communications, Germany, 1960-63

New Recruit
    I greatly appreciate the help. As soon as I can spell time, I will attempt to post a few pics., of my Broadhead Armory grease gun.
    Thanks again 97th Signalman.

New Recruit
    O.K.
    Here's the pics. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images