Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant and shooting?

Pregnant and shooting?

All right guys, my is due in a few weeks or so and wants to get in some range time. An instructor advised her to hold off till after the rodent crawls out because the recoil impulses "could" cause problems. I've known this man for years and he is much wiser than me, but I also have a pregnant woman at home that wants to shoot something. Need a little help here. She is against a .22 pistol, I tried and she got offended and called it a bad name. She wants to shoot the 9mm, .38, .357s and the AK, SKS, and .308s. Would she be all right, or do I change the combination to the safe and just avoid the topic and duck stuff when it flies?
    COG#163
    Minuteman
    NRA Member
    GOA Member

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."
    -- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/mikesstuff_2006/

sounds to me like a good excuse to buy something that mounts on a tripod, like say a 1919, mg42, bren, etc

Quick order a mg42 tomorrow before SHTF

Otherwise if it was me I would play it safe and lay off until afterwards.

Senior Veteran
    Alright, speaking as someone who is possibly going to be in the line of fire if she finds out I said this... I would *highly* suggest that you play it safe mate. I would think it better to hold off a few weeks, and not take risks with your kids life. I dont know the stats, or how much is urban legend, but I would err on the safe side. Shouldnt kill her not to get some range time for a few weeks (Of course, I count self defense seperatly. I think it a much better choice to use a gun in self defense than die because you are worried about issues with the pregnancy... just seems like cuttin off the nose etc etc).

So.... change the lock and run like hell....

-E

Tell her you'll be happy to oblige just as soon as she shows you a note from the Doc saying it's OK. Put the monkey on her back. Probably won't work but desperate times call for desperate measures. Sometimes it's less painful to poke yourself in the eye with a stick than dealing with women. Can you tell I've been married awhile?
    SS
    Yo COG # 1002

Don't risk it! Tell her she can shoot all she wants after the kid arrives.
    COG #6
    "Runnin's not a plan, runnin's what you do when a plan fails!"

Absolutely not.

Your baby can hear EVERYTHING.....and noise travels better thru water than air. Therefore, every firearm blast will travel thru the amenotic (sp) fluid and affect the baby's ears....much less his brain.

He's less than an inch from the outside of her tummy.

You might as well wait for him to be born, then take him to the gun range and sit him next to your rifle while firing.

Any responsible range officer would prohibit a pregnant woman from being present anywhere on the property.

Absolutely not...and congratulation on the baby. Protect him by not allowing your potentially damaging past times from hurting him for life..
    We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5:3,4

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn789 View Post
    Absolutely not.

Your baby can hear EVERYTHING.....and noise travels better thru water than air. Therefore, every firearm blast will travel thru the amenotic (sp) fluid and affect the baby's ears....much less his brain.

You might as well wait for him to be born, then take him to the gun range and sit him next to your rifle while firing.

Any responsible range officer would prohibit a pregnant woman from being present anywhere on the property.

Absolutely not...and congratulation on the baby. Protect him by not allowing your potentially damaging past times from hurting him for life..

+1
    Aaarrrr...Piss off you zombies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn789 View Post
    Absolutely not.

+1

No shooting until the youngster can have hearing protection.

tell her you need to order an mg42 and by the time it gets there the baby will be born and well double bogey
    i aint got time to bleed