Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bren is Born

New Bren is Born

Here's my Bren that is finally completed. I picked the kit up from Perro early this year. I just need a sling for it and I'll be set.
    Last edited by weasel_master; 10-25-2008 at 05:12 AM.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

That is great. Really great. I wanna build some LMG stuff now. Expand my horizons.

That is COOL.
    JOHN 3:3 C.O.G#170

Perro
    Ryan, thats a NICE build man!!! everytime i see one of you guys get one of these going, im a bit jealous, and wish i never sold the kit. that is a beauty and turned out REALLY nice!! get us a range report and tell us if it was worth the wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis61 View Post
    That is great. Really great. I wanna build some LMG stuff now. Expand my horizons.
    i just so happen to have a fantastic kit for sale on gunbroker with tripod and all kinds of goodies if you are looking to follow suit and its one of the best demils out there - IO 3 cut (same style kit weasel master used for his build, only inglis manufacturer)
    if you are interested PM me

man i wish i had a BREN!!! Congrats Ryan!!

Mike
    Last edited by Perro; 10-12-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Man that is nice!!! The Bren has been on my list of wants for a long time. One of these days right after I hit the lottery!

Very nice kit Perro! The cuts look very nice and an easy rebuild for someone. Nice pod too!

Perro
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInTexas View Post

Very nice kit Perro! The cuts look very nice and an easy rebuild for someone. Nice pod too!
    i posted my kit just before knob creek and shortly after, a bunch of people posted there IO bren kits at the same time making it hard to sell. its sat on gunbroker for a while now so i just lowered the price a bunch in hopes to get it out of here.

if you are going to do a bren, you dont want one of the cheap kits for sale by military gun supply - they are cheap for a reason - not only are they 4 cut kits, but the cuts are in places that are REALLY hard to rebuild. The IO kit like mine has the cuts in flat and easy to get to places making it easy to repair and to my knowledge its the only kit that wiselite will build on.

i bought 4 of these kits years ago and wish i would have bought more!!! 1 went to planning, 1 went to m1 tanker, 1 went to weasel master, and i have one more left.

anyways, i dont want to hijack Weasel Masters thread too much - Ryan, are they still building them with all the same semi auto features as kevins bren he took pics of here a while back????

definately get us some good out doors pics in the sunlight, id like to see this beauty close up bro.

Mike

BREN LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

looks amazing
    COG #1018

Senior Veteran
    Wow, that is a fantastic looking Bren! I am jealous! Looks like it'll be a real hoot at the range. Get us a range report ASAP!

Awarded by a grateful public!

Weasel Master,

gotta hand this one to you bub!! that looks awesome.... just started mine and hope it turns out as good as yours!

excellent job.

PIrate or Jumanara conversion?

oh and i need your help ona measurement on this one. (pm inbound)

shoot some video!

and get ready for the 54r conversion.

sdk
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Perro View Post
    i posted my kit just before knob creek and shortly after, a bunch of people posted there IO bren kits at the same time making it hard to sell. its sat on gunbroker for a while now so i just lowered the price a bunch in hopes to get it out of here.

if you are going to do a bren, you dont want one of the cheap kits for sale by military gun supply - they are cheap for a reason - not only are they 4 cut kits, but the cuts are in places that are REALLY hard to rebuild. The IO kit like mine has the cuts in flat and easy to get to places making it easy to repair and to my knowledge its the only kit that wiselite will build on.

i bought 4 of these kits years ago and wish i would have bought more!!! 1 went to planning, 1 went to m1 tanker, 1 went to weasel master, and i have one more left.

anyways, i dont want to hijack Weasel Masters thread too much - Ryan, are they still building them with all the same semi auto features as kevins bren he took pics of here a while back????

definately get us some good out doors pics in the sunlight, id like to see this beauty close up bro.

Mike
    weasel, that is a great looking bren, i am looking forward to getting my first one finished soon.

mike i had forgotten i had 1 of you bren kits. i was looking at some of them and trying to remember where i had gotten them. i think i got one from m1 tanker and some from IO, and one i bought on another site, i got some at a gun show.
    all of mine are 3 cut IO kits. except the 2 i got from MGS, i bought them for spare parts.

i have way to many projects to work on, but i will keep trying to do them.

i remember when i got some fal kits from IO, buy 5 fal kits for $500 and get a bren kit for free, it included free shipping. i also wish i had bought a bunch more of the bren and fal kits back then.
    31B