Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a EoTech 512..

Quote Originally Posted by rudrules View Post
    Hey Chris,
    You will not be disappointed, they are worth the money!
    I got an Eotech 3X magnifier to go along with my Eotech 552xr308, it has AA batteries and a Bullet drop compensator, I love it, it holds zero no problem, and I'm using it on my RRA LAR 8, batteries last long time.
    Absolutely the BEST for CQB!

Here is a Picture on the Rifle.
    Sweet photos! Not to jack M1's post, but Is the 3X multiplyer the scope looking thing on the back side of the Eotech? Does that just multiply the view through the Eotech or does it do more than that?

Take advantage of the EOTech HWS\' ability to incorporate fixed and flip-up magnifiers.

■Vastly improved accuracy at medium range distances
    ■Increased target recognition and identification at greater distances
    ■Achieves extremely rapid transition from Close Quarters Battle to medium range targeting - and back again
    ■Retro-fits to all current HWS models - providing an instant upgrade path
    ■The unique Holographic technology allows the center dot to remain 1 moa in size, while the angular size ofthe target is magnified
    ■Zero is maintained in the HWS and not in the magnifier - you never lose zero, no matter if you are targeting through the magnifier or only through the HWS
    ■The magnifier mount provides elevation and azimuth adjustment to allow the reticle to be centered in the FOV of the magnifier
    Last edited by Paperpuncher; 06-26-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Info found on magnifiers...

Paperpuncher, It multiplies the view through the Eotech for longer shots, and at the push of a button it flips to the side out of the way so you can just use the Eotech without magnification for what it was design for, Close up battle!
    So you have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by rudrules; 06-26-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    COG # 1026

"We will fight to defend our FREEDOM to the very end"
    and will let no one take it away!

Charlie Don't Surf

Got my camera finally, so...

Easy to install, and cowitnessed to my front sight and magpull back up iron sight.

Attachment 21509

Attachment 21510

Attachment 21511
    In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets.

I really like that tiger stripe paint. Duracoat?

All joking aside, I'd really like to get an EoTech sometime. I like them a fair amount more than the Aimpoints. Did some research on pros and cons between the two. After reading all the reviews of people on ar15.com, I was a little hesitant on the EoTech, although I know a lot of what happens there you should REALLY take with a grain of salt.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

You won't be sorry Tanker. I have had a bushenell holosight since they first came out. It sat on my AR then my taurus ruger 480. I put 800+ rounds thru the 480 never lost zero. I have dropped it on the ground fell in a canal with it swam a creek with it and just about beat it to death. Guess what , it has never ever ever lost zero. I liked it so much I bought the 511 eotch and it now sits on my M4gery. I use it for USPSA 3 gun matches. You won't be disappointed wat so ever.

COG#1963

Oh ya, I love the finish on your rifle.

COG#1963

Senior Veteran
    I love my 512 on my DPMS LR308B.....
    " If Clemenza can figure out a way to plant that gun, then I'll kill them both. It's nothing personal Sonny. It's strictly business".... Michael Corleone

"Stick to your gun if you believe in something
    no matter what;
    cause it's better to be hated for who you are
    Than loved for someone you're not. Oh, and try to help someone out." Van Zant

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper Perro Del Diablo's Avatar
    i have an Eotech with the AA batteries and absolutely love it

My wife has it on her belt fed razorback at the moment, and she loves it too. It is one of the only optics bright enough to see without problem at noon time in july here 5 miles away from the surface of the sun, and can take the heat, and the abuse of extended full auto shooting.

WARNING - remove the batteries from the thing before sticking it in the safe. Dont let a battery leak inside of it - dont ask me how i know this, its a PAINFUL and very expensive story.

Last edited by Perro Del Diablo; 07-09-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rudrules View Post
    Paperpuncher, It multiplies the view through the Eotech for longer shots, and at the push of a button it flips to the side out of the way so you can just use the Eotech without magnification for what it was design for, Close up battle!
    So you have the best of both worlds.
    Thanks Rud...

M1, that is a sweet looking sight. I'll have to pick one up, it will be a while as I've decided I need to buy a Jeep Wrangler first, but I'm sold. Congratulations...