Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need images of late CETME C ('69> ?) cocking tubes and more info on CETME E

Need images of late CETME C ('69> ?) cocking tubes and more info on CETME E

I recall in one post Perro mentioned differences in CETME cocking tubes and noted the reinforcement ridges that differed from Modelo B and earlier C models. I'd like to see those differences side by side if anyone has the images handy.

I'm also very interested in getting more details on the CETME Modelo E that appears to have been more of an experiment than anything. I understand this dated to the early 70's (1972/3/4?) and that relatively few were built. Polymer hand guards of a unique type, with HK style rear drum and non-adjustable front post were features I recall, but did it have a straight cocking tube? By the early 70's HK had moved on to the tapered tube and "free swinging" front ends sometime in '62 did it not?

Modelo E is an interesting study in merging certain HK innovations back into the CETME. Was there a cost component to these changes that caused the model to essentially be a failure, or did HK charge some sort of licensing to use these features? It seems as though by '69, the CETME Modelo C stopped developing, many years before the Modelo L had either been developed or adopted. Why was that?

R
    Last edited by r.erichsen; 07-18-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Mangler of loose parts and perfectly good parts kits

What a swift and thoroughly relevant response. My thank you!

I'll start there and see if I can figure out if the image name corresponds to early/mid/late like I'm hoping.

R

The images aren't big enough and the handguards are on the front ends so if the tubes differ, I can't really tell. There is a single image grouped with the entire CETME line and one of them is the pre-production ("de preserie") CETME Modelo E. The polymer stocks and front sight look similar to what was to come with the early CETME Modelo L. Too bad this is the only image.

R
    Last edited by r.erichsen; 07-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.

I saw the label, but it's wrong. That's not an E. It's a B. The dead giveaway is the tangent rear sight and sheet metal handguards with the folding bipod, early style front sight, wood buttstock with the slot and holes. On the E, all these details are different. The search continues....

R
    Last edited by r.erichsen; 07-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.

COA #106121 COG #1000 NRA #148440199

Copenhagen is my anti-drug!

Texas sew n' sew

Thanks, but I've re-translated that same short sentence and a much longer paragraph about a half dozen times. Other than two images of it and that brief description, not much info available out there. This is definitely a Perro Del Diablo question at this point.

"Esencialmente, se trata de un Modelo C con partes de plástico que reemplazan a las de madera, y un alza giratoria como la del G-3. Con cargadores de plástico, sólo se fabricaron un puñado, a título de experimento."

Translation:

"Essentially, it's a C model with plastic parts that replace wood, and a rotating upward as the G-3. Only a handful, by way of experiment have been produced with plastic chargers."

R

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper Perro Del Diablo's Avatar
    Bueno?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post
    Bueno?
    So is the top one the "late model" (looks pretty similar to the early HK G3 straight cocking tube)? That would make the bottom one the "early model", which looks exactly like the CETME cocking tube I have in my parts box. Do all B and early C models look like the bottom one? Finally, was it 1969 that this new type of cocking tube was introduced? I suppose if I knew about the triple frames, that would date these models fairly precisely as well. The top one looks like it was cast, the bottom milled.

Do you have any more information on the Modelo E? Getting any details on it is proving very challenging relying on Internet resources.

Thanks a lot Perro, as usual.

R
    Last edited by r.erichsen; 07-19-2012 at 09:34 PM.