Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice on 1919A4 Ammo Belts

Need Advice on 1919A4 Ammo Belts

I have never messed with them before and have two questions---

1. These are the 100rd 1919A4 Cloth Belts I just ordered. Are the rounds seated in the belt right (far enough)? I don't think they can be pushed any farther
    due to the rd necks on the belt.

2. I bought the metal linked rds some time ago from a member. I can not remember now who it was and I am unsure if they are for a 1919A4? Can
    someone help me on that?

Thanks, kind of putting the cart before the horse as I don't have a 1919A4 yet, but plan on buying one latter this year. Thought I would use up some spare time loading a couple
    of belts. I found they are a pain to load, but think I am getting it done
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Just my style Buck, buy ammo/mags/accesseries for a firearm I don't have. And than... cripes, I have all this gear now I really NEED this gun.
    METUS EST PLENUS TYRANNIS

COG#2011

belts were for use with 30-06 ammo, you have .308. .308 rounds are bit more fatter the a 30-06, so no they won't seat all the way up like the 30-06, that is about as far as they seat. it will still work

as for the links, those are 30-06 links, it will work for the .308. but, if you start having issues with the pawl pulling them out of the link, a easy fix for that is to seat the rounds further back on the link, just a tad bit past the "shoulder" of the case, so it will be easier for the pawl to pull them out

Thought I would use up some spare time loading a couple of belts. I found they are a pain to load, but think I am getting it done

that's why I didn't even buy or go with belts for my RAPID FIRE 1919, I bought back in 2000. it did come with a 100 round belt, but I just chucked it somewhere in my basement. if you don't have a M1918 belt with the conversion for .308 it is a real, real pain loading and I wasn't going to spend as much as I bought my 1919 for to get a M1918 belt loader, 700 bucks at the time.

I strictly do links, and use a OOW linking machine that I bought the same time I bought my 1919. makes for loading rounds easy and not painful.

the video shows him using a USGI linking machine, but the commercials ones are patterned after that and work the same way.

Last edited by Ghoulardi; 03-17-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

if you have land or know someone that does, or your range allows auto fire and you want to have some real fun, then get the EMORY CRANKFIRE, someone bought the patent rights for THE EMORY JONES CRANKFIRE device. it will give you a 400 round per minute "hum" close full auto cyclic rate.

I had one when BULLETFEST was around, it is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET , but since BULLETFEST is no more and hasn't been for 10 years or so, and public and private ranges here won't let you rapid fire or auto fire, I sold it

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper Perro Del Diablo's Avatar
    the linked ammo you have in your pics buck are m13 links for use in the M60 and M240, they are a push through design and not compatible with the 1919 browning which is a pull out style link.
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...lZaN0XEfB5L-r- I CANT SEE stuff

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper Perro Del Diablo's Avatar
    those look like the old ima 100 round white belts - brutal to load - rumored to be for the swede kulsprutta mg
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...lZaN0XEfB5L-r- I CANT SEE stuff

Thanks for the info folks! Yea, I would like to get a crank fire and I can use it on the farm without worrying about range rules. I was hoping the metal links were for the 1919,
    but that's Ok. I will have to pick some 1919 links up. Yep, loading the cloth belt is a pain. I am stretching the holes first and then working the rds in. About 20rds at a time
    then rest the fingers. I will eventually get a couple loaded, but didn't want to go any further until I knew I was doing it right. Perro per our conversation I still want those two
    belts. I was doing OK saving up, but my oldest needed some help going out west for a job and CMP released some IHC Garands. I ordered one, but am waiting for the yea or
    nay notification. If a get one that will put me back a month on buying anything big.

speaking of crankfire has any one heard of or used this one?? http://www.ohioblacksheep.50megs.com/catalog.html

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    speaking of crankfire has any one heard of or used this one?? http://www.ohioblacksheep.50megs.com/catalog.html
    I know the person that makes them, he attended all the BULLETFEST I went to. I fired his 1919 that had it, it works great. but you have a drill a hole on the bottom plate, which kinda put me off of getting one. if dtilling a hole isn't a issue for you then it's a cheaper option then the EMORY one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    I know the person that makes them, he attended all the BULLETFEST I went to. I fired his 1919 that had it, it works great. but you have a drill a hole on the bottom plate, which kinda put me off of getting one. if dtilling a hole isn't a issue for you then it's a cheaper option then the EMORY one.
    appreciate the info!