Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada goes over 1 million back ground checks today

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper Perro Del Diablo's Avatar

Nevada goes over 1 million back ground checks today

Nevada Department of Public Safety runs the background checks and contacts the FBI for NICS checks.
    This morning they went over 1,000,000 background checks since the inception.
    I just spoke with one of my favorite officers to deal with and she told me they had just hit 200,000 when she started there 9 years ago which means they have had 800,000 background checks in the last 9 years.

pointless useless information, but interesting to see how few they have done over the years. I assumed it would be far higher.
    On a good gunshow weekend, with transfers, I sometimes do 200 background checks on Saturday alone.

Just called again and they have had 152 since it rolled over this morning
    Last edited by Perro Del Diablo; 03-24-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...lZaN0XEfB5L-r- I CANT SEE stuff

Those are some really big numbers.

I wonder what the statistics are for 1M checks? How many were turned down etc.

Here are a couple of useful bits of info about background checks since Nov 1998, If you want to see what is going on in your state.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...r_by_state.pdf
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...al_denials.pdf

According to those FBI reports, since the enactment of Brady in 1998, and up until the end of February 2015, NICS has processed just short of 265 million background checks, of which 1,185,461 were denied. Which, if my math skills are correct comes out to less than 1%.
    I also find it interesting that their heaviest month was in December of 2012 at 2.7 million checks done. 177,170 on December 21, 2012 alone. Go to the NICS site and spend some time looking at the figures they have reported. and if you really want some entertainment take a look at the statistics on private checks run, if you live in state that requires them.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

It appears that it pays to be a gun dealer in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    It appears that it pays to be a gun dealer in Kentucky.
    Texas does pretty good too.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

I strted going through these stats after the anti gun propaganda reports recently came out that the number of guns in American households has decreased. I just wish I could figure out where everybody is keeping these things... I'm sure that the Astronut probably accounted for a bunch of these, just doing research....
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

Also note that the highest number of denials award goes to convicted criminals attempting to purchase.... Notice it says convicted.... Proof again of how smart the ones who got caught continue to be. "I'll just fill out this form, and see if they catch me..." "What?... I'm denied?.... Why?.... Oh, that."
    If you really study this stuff, you will find many many holes in the data, but, they are charged with keeping track, so who am I to argue with their figures. It certainly paints a positive picture for lawful gun owners in my opinion.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by bladeworks123 View Post
    I strted going through these stats after the anti gun propaganda reports recently came out that the number of guns in American households has decreased. I just wish I could figure out where everybody is keeping these things... I'm sure that the Astronut probably accounted for a bunch of these, just doing research....
    I can tell you exactly why the stats from polls say the number is decreasing. They call people like me (except they don't hang up on them) and are told "No I don't own a gun, they scare me and the noise hurts my ears" because they can't trust that the NSA isn't on the line or that the polsters are real and not phishing for the next house to burglarize.

Countrywide poll shows number of gun owners decreasing - poll samples from NYC, Chicago, and LA shows that almost no one owns firearms. Of course half the people we called hung
    up on us, but we are sure those that did answer were being truthful The old saying "garbage in - garbage out".
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible