Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo - Where Is It??

I just ordered a 1200+ rd tin of surplus TOK and 1080 rds of surplus .30 cal on stripper clips and in bandoliers from S&G. Figured I would get it while I can, although not highest priority.
    Need .45 for Thompson and 1911s more than anything else. At one time I counted something like 45 different calibers of ammo I had to feed my mess of guns, so always something
    I need.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Guys were paying almost a damn dollar a shot for 5.56 which we can all agree is fucking stupid for ball ammo. I think its gonna get way worse on the run up to November but it is what it is. Primers and powder are drying up especially primers. Par for the course at this point.

So 9mm and 45 here is the best shot I can give you - https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/hert...t-handgun-ammo

So, basspro has a really shitty inventory system. Herters goes in and out of stock a few times a day generally and shit is sold out within minutes. Ive gotten a couple K 9mm in the last 2 weeks due to this however, out of 6 orders for ammo 3 were cancelled cuz the inventory system is just screwed. .19cpr isnt a horrible price for 9mm in todays climate but I got caught with my pants down on 9mm.
    COG# 1987

Checked CMP and bought 1,000 rds of Federal 230gr .45 acp from them free shipping. I forget they do sell ammo - probably why they still have some in stock.

Ammoseek is pointing to IN-STOCK ammo still - unlike a LOTTA ammo bots, which are pointing to empty barns.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Senior Veteran
    Just ordered a bunch of 7.62x25 from Midway. I'll go pick it up in a bit. Also just ordered some 7.5 Swiss from Aim
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I just ordered a 1200+ rd tin of surplus TOK and 1080 rds of surplus .30 cal on stripper clips and in bandoliers from S&G. Figured I would get it while I can, although not highest priority.
    'Preciate the heads-up on S&G. For SOME reason... I DIDN'T have them bookmarked on my ammo list. They had four, 500rd. cases of IMI M855 left... so I snagged one. $.48/rd., but I had the money. If the Anqueefers get more froggy, I can't throw fiat dollars at 'em!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    'Preciate the heads-up on S&G. For SOME reason... I DIDN'T have them bookmarked on my ammo list. They had four, 500rd. cases of IMI M855 left... so I snagged one. $.48/rd., but I had the money. If the Anqueefers get more froggy, I can't throw fiat dollars at 'em!
    Good for you! I have had good luck with S&G. They actually are not that far away across line in OK, but only do online orders, no walk in/pickup service.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 08-05-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Veteran
    Sorry brother, but if you're just now realizing what a mess the ammunition situation is in, you missed the boat on any surplus left in the country by about five months. Then the civil rights crisis happened and FMJ was *gone*. You're down to weird NJ-legal frangible polymer funny bullets at $1.05 apiece sold in clear acrylic 14-round packages for .45 in most places. Your only bet is to watch Ammoseek and the others and be ready to jump at a moment's notice when your favorite vendor announces they have limited quantities available.

I have crates/cans of the most of the main line stuff, with what i ordered I am done looking. S&G has shopped the 7.62 TOK and .30 cal ammo so should be here Monday. CMP little slower on .45 a.c.p.

Gotta killer deal on another 500rds. of M193. I think this just MIGHT top off my latest 20mm can of 5.56.