Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no ammo shortage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Nice score! Is that Israeli ammo?

Arabic writing (I can read Hebrew). I think those rounds were INTENDED for hadjii.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by biffj View Post
    Definitely not for Isreal. That isn't hebrew, its arabic or Farsi.
    Vista outdoors is the company that owns federal, CCI and I can't recall who else. Used to be ATK running the Lake city ammo plant so it makes sense that it would be sold by Vista. Could be contract over run or out of spec for the contract but should be safe and good ammo.

Frank
    Thanks Frank, it could have been Greek for all I knew. I checked a little on Vista yea they own a pile of companies gun related.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
    Well, how much was it and is there more?
    I found this ammo at a local gun shop here in central fl. I got my crate out the door for under three bucks a round tax tag title out the door. I will say there is some still on Gun Broker https://www.gunbroker.com/item/888435799
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    there really is no ammo shortage.

watch the video from the guys at SPEER talking about it. We also have a long time member at WG who works for CCI, he says the same thing, they are running at full tilt with OT. No shortage its going out in semi's round the clock.

7 days a week.... 12 hour shifts.... 10's of millions of rounds a week being produced.

its more of a question of::: where is it all going?
    Sean I agree with you there is no true shortage of ammo just a huge ass demand. With over 17.5 million background checks approved just think two boxes with each gun, that adds up to a lot of ammo .

Senior Veteran
    Target Sports has it in stock for $299.95 a can, free shipping.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...7-p-59066.aspx
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

That is a good price and the free shipping makes it worth it for sure. I just got lucky and got mine a bit cheaper. I did have to leave the house to find and get it.

Senior Veteran
    That's a big plus, being able to pay for it and have it in your hands right now.

It didn't take my local shop long to sell out of these linked up cans of fifty cal. Mike called me yesterday to let me know they were down to the last two crates. I asked him to save me one more crate and I would come get it. When I got there Mike was telling a man that there was only one crate out of the two he saw for sale. The other one was spoken for. The fellow was a little upset saying he was there and had the cash and wanted the ammo. He calmed down when Mike told him the man standing by him felt the same way and on that note we both took home the last crate.

Senior Veteran
    Good deal you got one. Target Sports is out of stock now too.

New Recruit Private
    Good news. If there is no ammo shortage where can I find 38sp/357?