Thread: Help with Scope mount

Help with Scope mount

I've got an earlier Cetme rifle coming in that has the recoil stop on top and I'm confused as to what scope mount will work. I was looking at the UTG MNT-HK02 mount but was told it wouldn't work. I've also looked at the Fab Defense G3-SM but I can't find out if it will work on my rifle.
    Can anyone out there help and suggest a mount that will work?

Looks like it's set up for the HK claw mount.

It's a cast cetme, anything for the g3 should fit.
    I love you guys...

I run an MFI lo-mount on mine. Haven't been able to shoot the scope loose yet!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Thanks for the info. I decided to order the FAB Defense G3-SM mount.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBillCody View Post
    It's a cast cetme, anything for the g3 should fit.
    you would think so, but a claw mount won't fit it......I tried it when I bought my G3 clone with the exact same cast stainless steel receiver just like my cast SS CETME reciver............ . the receiver is just a tad too thick where the claw mount won't lock down. only way to make it fit was go and hack (file) on the "claw feet", and I wasn't going to do that on a 300 dollar mount, some other folks did, but not me.......so I returned it and got a B&T low profile mount model number

those where the only mounts that fit the cast SS receivers, back 20 years ago, they might have made some others since then that would fit .
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

I just removed a little bit off of the little latch so it would snap in. But yes they were a little thick, and if you clamped too tight it would squeeze in the receiver and the bolt wouldn't function.
    I love you guys...

yeah, like I said I wasn't going to do anything like that..........maybe if the claw mount was 100 or so bucks I would, but not on a expensive HENSOLDT mount.........and then there were the folks who bought those cheap pot-metal AIRSOFT mount thinking that would work on a real gun that shoots .308, they chose poorly .......the legs broke off and their expensive scope plummet to the ground and broke

I like the low profile mount, once on you don't need to take it off ever.

Last edited by Ghoulardi; 03-31-2021 at 09:08 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    you would think so, but a claw mount won't fit it......I tried it when I bought my G3 clone with the exact same cast stainless steel receiver just like my cast SS CETME reciver............ . the receiver is just a tad too thick where the claw mount won't lock down. only way to make it fit was go and hack (file) on the "claw feet", and I wasn't going to do that on a 300 dollar mount, some other folks did, but not me.......so I returned it and got a B&T low profile mount model number

those where the only mounts that fit the cast SS receivers, back 20 years ago, they might have made some others since then that would fit .
    I agree 100% with what Ghoulardi just said. The Brugger & Thomet mount from HKPro works like a charm. The bottom of the mount interfaces perfectly with the "saddle" on the top of the receiver, and fits without any bending, filing, or scraping. Years ago, back when I first got this rifle, I tried a claw mount and had to modify it to get it to fit. Then the scope sat so high that only a giraffe could shoot the thing.

I just put about 200 rounds through my CETME with the B&T mount within the past week. I even dismounted the scope to try my iron sights, then when I re-mounted the scope it held zero perfectly. I couldn't be happier.

Here's my CETME with the Brugger & Thomet mount, and my home-made Kydex cheek riser:

By the way, B&T makes a similar mount with the Picatinney rail that extend further forward to in front of the ejection port. As you can see from the picture I posted, the shorter B&T mount just barely was long enough for my scope.

Senior Veteran
    That looks good on there.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer