Thread: F- for MidwayUSA

F- for MidwayUSA

SO I had a barrel on backorder since last Sept, I think it was. Because I was assured by them that since I had an on order I would eventually get it I passed on some other ones. They were still accepting back orders, just saying that the stuff would be in 30 days or so, this went on for months. Then they changed the status to "No backorders" so I called, assured that because my order was in before I would get the barrel. Now today six months later I get an email saying my back order was cancelled. Not impressed.... I know this is a crazy time, but they should have just said we don't know if we're going to get it, I would have got one somewhere else.

We are very sorry, but the products listed below have been discontinued and we unfortunately had to cancel your order:

CANCELLED ORDER

Items
    Faxon Duty Series Barrel LR... Faxon Duty Series Barrel LR...

Product #: 206660

Price Each: $227.05

Quantity Cancelled: 1

Quantity Remaining: 0

Reason Cancelled: Cancelled By MidwayUSA
    I love you guys...

Ole Larry cancelled a lot of orders and product notifications today. I had some 5K boxes of primers that I had requested to be notified when in stock from late summer/fall. Got an email that the now $350-$370ish more expensive primers were discontinued.....Weird, don't think Winchester, CCI and Federal suddenly stopped making a box big enough to fit 5 1K primer sleeves in. I doubt very much Faxon stopped making barrels, just the price went up and so did midways markup. I imagine the prices will come back down over time after some people panic and buy some but then the remaining primers don't sell.
    Last edited by Moleman; 04-23-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Senior Veteran
    I have actually talked to Larry a couple of times. Very nice guy, but he is a business man at heart.

I buy stuff from Midway at least twice a month, sometimes more. Only stuff in-stock though. Then I go pick it up.
    Last edited by scottz63; 04-23-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Reminds me of a dozen PMags I'd ordered from DSA in the summer of '09.
    I'm glad their rifles are built as well as they are, because their C-S suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Because I'm neither hurting for mags or money, I'm still waiting to see if they'll deliver them or not.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    Reminds me of a dozen PMags I'd ordered from DSA in the summer of '09.
    I'm glad their rifles are built as well as they are, because their C-S suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. :cuss:

Because I'm neither hurting for mags or money, I'm still waiting to see if they'll deliver them or not.
    As Mark Graham likes to say, they do business the Chicago way.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.